Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Why I LOVE Winter?

Why I LOVE Winter?

Reason why I write this is because Why I Love Winter week has been debuted on TWC this week.

So they ask viewers like me, "WHY do I LOVE WINTER?"

Well, I'm not a snow person, and the reason why is that I am a southern California native. I'm "supposed" to get used to the sunny and warm days here. But in the winter days, we do use the mittens, the scarves, the boots, the coats, the jackets, the sweaters, the WHATEVER, only because temperatures in the morning dip into the 30's. I use the cold clothing just like the people in the north!! In the winter, we get the rain, instead of snow. In C-Town, I always see the snow falling on the mountains, creating a spectacular view from my old house (where I used to live). I loved that view from my window. Now that I live in the desert, it's just not the same anymore. There's not even a winter season in El Centro. Like my ex-math support teacher from junior year Mr. Gertenbach said, "We never get Winter. All we get is Summer and Fall".

I really do miss the snow, and when I was living at C-Town as a young girl, every winter me and my family travel up to Oak Tree Village (home of the world-famous apple farm) which is located about 30 miles. Oak Tree Village is a little town where it is everything apple. In the winter they sell apple cinnamon tea, fresh hot apple pies, apple cobbler, etc. And in the summer and fall, they always do their world famous apple slushie. You can also press your own apple cider!!! I am looking forward to visiting Oak Tree Village again soon...probably I'll be able to visit with Adam when I am finally independent.

So I guess I'm still on Stephanie Abrams' side on the snow...but I don't want to go that far yet. I hate the extreme heat, but I hate the extreme cold. Yeah, I'm talking about the cons about winter. Winter can kill me (or rather, get me sick). I'm one person that gets sick in the winter and that's it. I despise getting the stuffy nose, and getting outside in the cold. I keep on forgetting to take my vitamin C (yes that is my winter medication, I HAVE to take Vitamin C. Miss a day, you get sick). Also, I hate winter because El Centro doesn't snow...nor rains. I'm more used to rainy days like C-Town.

Well, and that's why I LOVE (or hate) Winter.

No comments: