Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Giving the Health Fair a SHOT.

Remember the last blog I wrote about that I thought of going to a health fair? And did I mention the word DOCTORPHOBIA? Yes, I finally gave it a shot, but it really was a shot.
So, upon arriving, student nurses were guiding me through the whole registration process. They interviewed me with wellness questions, such as “Do you consider yourself healthy?” or, “Do you have any family history?” and this is ghetto, but they asked me, “Have you ever thought of ending your life?”
I have five stations to go to, and I will go in order. First, I went to check on my weight at the weight station. I was so surprised that I lost 8 pounds since my last check up! (Last check up was before I went to C-Town to go see Adam and travel to Disneyland). I WON’T tell you what my current or previous weight. It’s personal, sorry. :P
Then, I went to the height station. I think I am still five-foot-something. Last check up was five-foot-three. (And yes I am at the same height as Alex Steele). When the nurse measured me, he told me that I went up an inch!!! I’m five-foot-four! (Beat that, Alex, but I still admire you). I’m not short anymore!!! (and yet, I am still short in general :P)
The next station was the vision station. Of course I wear glasses and I did had a check up recently. My vision has improved a little, but I am considering lasik eye surgery.
Then there’s the blood pressure/cholesterol station. I never had a cholesterol check up before so I had to do one in order to draw blood (wait---they’re drawing blood? OMG I am gonna draw blood??? WTF????). I started to shake, feeling anxious. I mean WTF do they want every single IVC student to have their blood drawn? Idk, but I had to face the fear of Doctorphobia.
As they stick the needle in my arm, I felt the blood getting sucked out and I was about to faint. As it was all over, they put the blood inside a safe container and saved in for lab purposes. Idk WTF they’re going to do with mine. I’m perfectly fine.
So I am here, and my arm hurts, badly. :(

No comments: