Wednesday, March 4, 2009

The Internet/Phone/Cellphone/Satellite/Any-Means-Of-Communication "Crisis"

Written: December 16, 2008

Time for me to blog about life again...
Soo, what's on the newsdesk today?

Ok, so after helping my grandma I went to surf the internet and work on the final chapters of my latest fanfic Undiscovered Weather 3: Save The Date. And all of the sudden, around 12:30 or so, my internet suddenly disconnected. I was on ventrilo waiting for Adam to get on, but I was unable to reconnect. My MSN was down as well. Then, my grandma, who was watching some old movie on TV, she told me that the satellite was off, that became weird to me as well. Then at around 1:00, dad calls me. He was calling from a pay phone, telling me that there was some sort of a communication crisis going on, and his store had to be closed down. It was weird to me because he is able to call from a pay phone, but I can't call him back! Line says it's busy, and it has been busy for the past 500 times I tried to call.
Dad also mentioned that his cell doesn't have no service. Well, duh, phone lines down = cell phone lines are down as well. Mine is facing the same prob. Is Mexicali having the same crisis as El Centro?
Adriana called us, but she is at the pay phone at her work (wal-mart). She is a pharmacy tech, and she can't work because the system at the pharmacy was down. She wanted me to call someone and have this certain "someone" call back to her store for her friend. Line still says it's busy, and the past 500 times I called, Adriana was able to call back, and told her that my house phone is not working.
I waited and waited all day, and all night for this internet to get on, meanwhile, I finally got to finish my fanfic, staying up until 1:00 AM.
And just now, I discovered something. It was not just El Centro who has faced the crisis, or the Imperial Valley. It was ...around the L.A and San Diego area as well. Adriana told me that some trailer crashed into the telephone lines that disrupted every means of communication. Ohhh dorky me, I never realized that. I was about to be furious here. I guess some of my primas, my B-Town friends, and possibly, Adam had faced the crisis as me (I got his status reply on Facebook telling me that his internet was a little fishy??). THANK GOD I am not alone.
Well, I am back, and was able to post a lot of blogs. Glad everything is overwith...back to the old drawing board...hahaha

Anistorm OUT!!!

No comments: