Wednesday, March 4, 2009

The 7 Songs I Dedicated To Adam

From February 22, 2008 to February 22, 2009, it was that one year I
lived differently. My life has changed dramatically, and I can’t
imagine my life without the love of my life Adam Carrera. During the
first year I have been dedicating some songs to him. Some of them do
describe the meaning of both of us. I chose 7 of them.


“Paperthin Hymn”---Anberlin


In spite of the song’s debut, in 2006, it debuted on my last week in
Colton High School. When Adam had that horrible seizure on my last day,
that song kept playing on my mind over and over. After the incident I
kept on wondering if he was doing okay. Two years later when we barely
got together in a relationship, the song returned to me once again.


“February Song”---Josh Groban


When Autumn Hartman wrote her story “The Storm” the song not only
described the two main characters “Amber” and “Mike”, but it also
described myself and Adam, and the past memories of our friendship. I
dreamed of this song, slow dancing in the stars.


“Blurry”---Puddle Of Mudd


The announcement of Adam going away to Kentucky (and his possible
moving plans) shocked me with the pain he gave me. Right after he said
he loved me, I guess everything started to go downhill pretty slowly.
Three months of California-Kentucky long distance love is what I had to
endure. My friends even told me that Adam and I were impossible to stay
together.


“Angel”---Natasha Bedingfield


Once this song was heard on the radio, I was pretty hooked and it had
to be dedicated by someone none other than Adam. I am his angel that
will protect him from everything.


“Vulnerable”---Secondhand Serenade


As the very first time I got to see him on webcam and be able to talk
to him on Ventrilo, we were both vulnerable. It made me uncover
everything in my life, as well as I finally realized that he was the
love of my life.


“All Messed Up” ---Breaking Point


It was an August monsoonal day when I wrote the blog “When A Guy Is
Afraid To Lose His Girl". I lost my internet and had to go to an
internet cafe, that's the part when Adam was super worried about me, he
thought that I was ignoring him completely. I told him that everything
is allright, and that I loved him for real.


"Haight Street"---Anberlin


When we both went to Disneyland on Valentines day, this song was like a
song about both of us. The lyrics say "Let's you and me, make a night
of it. Old enough to know but too young to care".

No comments: