Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Aunt Guillermina's Wedding: Before The "I Do"

Written: The morning of May 24, 2008

So...about...idk (what time is it?...oh, it's 10:44 so that makes it...6 hours) 6 hours away, My Great Aunt Guillermina will say "I Do" for the 2nd time in 50 years. Many of you thought that she will get married for the first time, well, here in my mom's side of the Familia, there are many traditions.

Here's one of them and it will be a great one.

Supposibly in the history of the "Vazquez Beltran" family, my great-great grandparents reached their 50th anniversary of their marriage. But my great great grandmother wanted to relive the moment when she said "I Do" to my great-great grandfather for the first time. So she decided to buy everything like if they are getting married for the first time. Personally, I think it's AWESOME. And now, about 100 years later, my aunt Guillermina and her husband, my uncle Rodrigo, will relive their moment, just like how my great-grandparents did.

And I don't know why I am SO FREAKIN EXCITED. I mean, I know, I haven't been on a wedding since my uncle Roy and Aunt Pati got married during my 6th grade year. Damn, that's a looong time. I am starting to love weddings. But Whyyyy? Is it because I am in love and recently I dreamed of a wedding? IMPOSSIBLE.

I am also excited because everyone from my mom's side of the family will be there. I mean, all my relatives from Merced, Garden Grove, San Diego, Riverside. SOO Excited!!

And guess who else is coming to the wedding: Stephie. (But I won't talk to her over there...she's completely on a restraining order...ha ha ha).

I got everything ready. But I won't be wearing the dress until the party. I exchanged my dress and found a better one yesterday when I picked up my green and black dress in Mexicali. There was a beautiful, angelic black and purple dress. I fell in love with it and I wanted to take it with me. I had to leave the green and black dress behind...sorry! And since that, Skye's favorite colors are black and purple, and she'll fall in love with my dress (I can tell you right now...)

But then, I feel a little lonely. I wanted a friend to go with me. I wish Adam would come with me, but then it won't happen. But I still have my cousins. I am excited to see all 37 and counting cousins.

I hope everyone has a great saturday and a great weekend, while I go now and get ready for the PARTY OF THE YEAR. (Forget Paris Hilton's Birthday party! That's not the PARTY OF THE YEAR!). Have fun doing stuff without me!!

No comments: