Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Inspiration Dies (A Tribute To Kristina Abernathy)


On February 3, 2009, A news article was reporting that The Weather
Channel (TWC), has laid off 4 Veteran Meteorologists.

The
four that were laid off were:

**Rich
Johnson (Appears on EE West Coast with Sharon Resultan weekdays)

**Mark
Mancuso (IDK where he is, I haven't seen him for like ever)

**Kristin
Dodd (Appears on weekends with Adam Berg)

**And
last but not least, the one that stopped the whole world of TWC
FanWorld: Kristina Abernathy.




Today,
inspiration dies.




As I
reacted to this news, I was crying...because it was so unexpecting,
that Kristina Abernathy was laid off...




I was
in the 7th grade...January 14, 2003 was the exact date. I
was just flipping the channels and all of the sudden, the remote
flipped to The Weather Channel. I was about to change the channel
until I saw Kristina coming on. Kristina had a black suit and a
lavender shirt. I stayed on just to see what the weather would be
like tomorrow. I spent my two hours (3:00 to 5:00) just watching her,
and Carl Parker.


At
that night, I remember I had a really great dream. I had a dream that
I was working at TWC, with Kristina. She told me the basics of
becoming a meteorologist. After that day, I finally found my future
dream, and this is where my whole “weather background” began.

So,
everyday right after school, I get home, turn on the TV, and TWC
(soon it became known as PM Edition during my 8th grade
year), and I even do my homework while Kristina gives me the
forecast, and the weekly planner.


So
pretty much PM Edition became my favorite show...until Kristina and
Carl Parker were split up.

I
still kept my head up and found her on weekend mornings working with
Kevin Robinson. I had to fix my viewing schedule...in the morning...

But I
don't know why...even when I added Stephanie Abrams and Mike Bettes
in my favorites, I still haven't forgotten Kristina at all! One thing
I really, really, really like about her is that she is very confident
wearing glasses. I mean, when she started wearing them, I felt
confident wearing my glasses. During Freshman, Sophomore, and half of
Junior year, I wasn't that confident at all. I felt like a geek.
After Junior year I felt very confident.

When I
moved again, I was happy that Kristina was reunited with Carl Parker.
I just think they are the best paring ever. The only difference is
that they are on weekends but I was okay with it. It was like 7th
grade all over again.




Kristina,
I just want to say thank you for inspiring me the weather when I was
just 12 years old. You were my first favorite meteorologist on TWC
(before I got into Stephanie Abrams and Mike Bettes). You will be
missed, and also Kristin Dodd, Rich Johnson, and Mark Mancuso as
well. All were awesome and will be truly missed. Not only by myself,
but some other TWC fans who adored you also. You started my whole
“weather background”, and I will let it continue. I'm taking your
inspiration with me. Like I said, you will sorely be missed. I will
never ever ever ever forget you!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kristina I miss you. I hope you are living the more than a conqueror life. Your love, Dennis in Anchorage. I love you terribly. I apologize profusely if I contributed to your lay off! Never ever ending love dear sexy beautiful wonderful precious keeper blond goddess treasure eternal joyous feet.(and stuff)

Unknown said...

Cantori should have gone first. He is by far the biggest theatrical "hype it up" on the Weather Channel