Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Birthday Love Part 1

Written November 14, 2008, posted November 20, 2008


November 15-16, 2008 "Birthday Love" (Part 1)


Can I just say this again..because my mind keeps on repeating...MIRACLES HAPPEN.

So, it was Friday, November 14. 5 days until I turn 18. I was bored in my new room in El Centro (I was still settling in. I was waiting for my internet to be installed on monday (today). I was writing and working on my 10th A&B fanfiction "Undiscovered Weather 3, Save The Date", finishing up chapter 6, and listening to music. The song "Seventeen Forever" by Metro Station, reminds me of my birthday coming up. Then, all of the sudden, an unexpected visitor came in my house. It happened to be my sister Adriana's friend Alex. Alex is also my friend, and we both share the same interest in football...but we got a rivalry (for college, he goes for USC, and I go for Florida, and for NFL, he goes for the Redskins, and I go for the Steelers). He stayed with me and my grandma until my sister got home from work. Mom and dad were home also. As I was gonna get a snack because I was sooo hungry, my sister stopped me, and Alex also. This is what they asked me: "Would you like to go with us? We're going to go see Miriam. And if you want, I can drop you off at Colton."

I was like, "I'm dreaming, right? NO WAY!!!!!" But...one problem. I haven't talked to Adam for 2 weeks now, I know he is super duper worried about me, wondering whatever happened to me and stuff. But how am I gonna tell him on a very short notice??

I tried my house phone, and it said that the house doesn't have long distance. I tried my cell phone, because I added money, but it keeps on disconnecting...What the freak, man. I was leaving myself with no hope and I don't feel like going outside to look for a pay-phone...

All hope was in when Alex lended me his cell phone....

I dialed Adam's number and it went through...and he answered, "Hello?"

"Adam, it's me, Ana."

"Oh!!! Hi babes! How you been???"

"I've been doing well. Just getting settled here. I missed you!!"

"I missed you, too."

"Guess what..."

"What..."

"I'm visiting this weekend."

...and he was so surprised he wanted to cry. I mean, he said he was thinking of me all those two weeks. I know how he is feeling now. After telling him the short notice, I gave back the cell to Alex, and packed my stuff in less than five minutes.

Alexa was coming with us also. So maybe she can finally get to know her Uncle Adam.

Our trip from El Centro to C-Town is exactly 2 hours with no stops whatsoever. First we headed to Ontario, my old-old-old childhood hometown. (C-Town will always be my city, no matter what.), and we decided to spend the night at my sister's best friend's place. Miriam and Adriana have been friends since high school, (kinda like me and Adam). Ontario is 15 min from C-Town. We stayed there and stayed up until 1 AM. We were all just relaxing, and watching Alexa dance to "Whatever You Like" by T.I., that's her favorite song. I was checking up my myspace and my facebook on Miriam's cell.

.....for now I must go to sleep because it's a big day tomorrow!!!!!

No comments: