Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Vegetarianism...Is Starting To Kill Me!

Written: July 2, 2008


As of last month (when Madison Marie and Ana Marisol were born on the same week) I declared myself of being a vegetarian because of my dad's family. Of course, almost everyone on my dad's side of the familia are vegetarians, but why do I have to become one?

Well, things were going pretty smoothly. At school I wasn't eating nasty food (such as yellow cheese quesadillas with carne asada), I was eating chicken sandwiches, eating lots of fruits and veggies (Mmm!! Pepino con Chile...awesome snack!!) and I am starting my dad's challenge: joining a fitness club (part of "The Long Road Towards Adam" ambition written June 28th, 2008)

On Sunday afternoon, I wasn't feeling good, so I told my mom that I will be taking a nap. I went to sleep at 7:00 PM and woke up at 10:30 PM. I had some energy to talk to my primas on MSN and Adam, too on yahoo.

Before that, my mom served beef enchiladas that supposibly said that I "have a month with no meat" and that I "should eat meat because I need some in my system". I was like "HELLO!!! That's what vegetarians are supposed to do!!! They DON'T eat meat whatsoever!! Has Dad explained to you the basics of being a vegetarian?? MOMMM!! Maybe you should be one, too!!!"

She didn't care and served some to me. I had to eat it. One hour later, I started vomiting.

"Haha THANKS, MOM for making me sick."

Ok, I understand that we all need meat in our system because it has protein and other vitamins good for our body, but also it contains fats, that can also damage us and causes us to gain weight. (It's been a month since I have eaten a hamburger and I will stick it that way). But why am I throwing up so much? I am not drunk, I have never been drunk since last weekend. Is it something I am eating that I should avoid? Or is my mom trying to kill me here...

Monday night I was not feeling good and that made me leaving Adam online...I do wanted to stay longer, but the pain is killing me.

Tuesday I took 2 naps. And my mom gave me this powerful medicine from the doctor that at night at 10:00 it knocked me out to sleep. (I'm gonna say this again like last time...sorry, Adam!!)

I haven't ate that much in the past couple of days. And those past couple of days I wake up with a headache and an empty stomach. And I am trying to avoid as much meat as possible. I am trying to be careful on what I eat, because I wanna be better. I wanna stay up until like 1 or 2 in the morning just talking to Adam (*smiles*) I don't want to take frequent naps anymore.

Hmm...If I can call my dad, he can tell me the real problem...

Right now, today, I am still in pain, and a little dehydrated. Thank God mom bought some gatorade. So I will drink some now. And eat something, too. Then I will take a nap....zzzzzzz

No comments: