Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Severe Thunderstorm: I'm Alive!!!

Written: July 14, 2008


So, during A&B, I was watching the LOCAL ON THE 8's and they announced that southern Imperial County was under a severe thunderstorm warning. That's where my prediction comes: if southern Imperial County is under a severe thunderstorm warning, then Mexicali is under a severe thunderstorm warning. B-Town is under a severe thunderstorm warning.

It was now 5:00 and it was time for my favorite show La Usurpadora. I was watching it calmly with my cat/daughter, Serafina, then suddenly, the lights were out. I was left with no power. And I was home alone!!! 30 seconds later the power was back on and I rushed to my comp and wanted to let everyone (mainly my B-Town friends) that we were under a severe thunderstorm warning and to take precautions. But it was too late, the power was out definetly.

My mom came home with my little sister all crying. She was scared. They came home all wet. The rain poured like buckets and lightning was present where we were at. Me and Serafina were at my room's window (which it's the DUMBEST and most DANGEROUS thing to be at during a severe thunderstorm) but I decided to take some pics of the roaring clouds and the rain.

The rain lasted for one hour, but the power didn't come back on around 6:30-7. I missed La Usurpadora... :(

When I got back on the comp...there was so much action I missed!!! (Autumn's publishing works of her A&B fanfiction, Adam was online and left me a voice comment, drama I missed, OMG.) I thought people would think that I am missing, but no....I am alive!! I survived a severe thunderstorm. And I'm just proud of it! My stormy senses were tingling before, but it came true. I have a mind of THUNDER.

If you want to see my weather pics, check out my album under "Weather Warrior!!" One of those pics I took will go to A&B!!!

No comments: