Tuesday, March 17, 2009

My Version Of St. Patrick's Day

Happy St. Patricks Day!!!!
My favorite color is green, and that’s why, March 17 is the day I can wear any green I want, without my mom being the fashion police saying “Ana, that green shirt is hideous, wear a different shirt!”
Mom, you hate green, don’t you?
And yet she does.
Green has been my favorite color since I was a baby! Yes I fell in love with the color green when I was in diapers. My parents bought me everything pink, but I hated pink so much. I am very obsessed, and some people think I have OCD, which it’s not true at all. I know St. Patricks Day is an Irish holiday, and I know very little of what the holiday meant.
All I know is this: If you don’t wear green, you get pinched. Simple as that. If you wear green, no one will bother you and those that are greeners pinch non-greeners (the ones that do not wear green or don’t care about St. Patricks Day). I think it’s fun!
So the whole “pinching” for me began during the 5th grade when it was the only St. Patricks day that I never wore green. I mean, before the 5th grade I only wore school uniform and no one bothered to pinch me. Now that I don’t wear school uniform anymore (I was attending elementary school in Colton), then some girl pinched me (and she was wearing all green). She asked me “WHERE’S YOUR GREEN?” so impolitely. I was like “Idk, I don’t have anything green.” She then pinched me again. The whole fifth grade classroom turned into a pinchfest for me all because I never wore any green.
The pain followed me to the 6th grade, and now in middle school.
Of course I did learn my lesson and wore a green shirt on St. Patricks Day of 2001. That year I went waaaaay too far when it comes to pinching. I never knew that the school enforced a NO PINCHING policy (meaning if someone sees you pinching, you will get in serious trouble, because supposedly pinching is considered Sexual Harrassment…WTF?), so I was very unaware about the policy and went to pinch a very cute guy that wasn’t wearing any green at all. My 6th grade counselor saw me and took me to the office. I was suspended for the rest of the day and I had a week’s worth of detention. Yes, I am a bad girl.
So I promised myself I wouldn’t go too far in the next couple of St. Patricks Days. 7th, 8th, and then, 9th grade (Freshman year), I went too far again and since Adam (we were best friends back then)didn’t wear green, he became one of my victims. That year I made a record of pinching 17 people. I didn’t even get in trouble! I am willing to go higher but since I was moving a lot, then, I had to wait.
So, now 4 years later and today’s St. Patrick’s Day is going pretty well. My current number is 9, and I don’t think it will go higher. I mean, 20 % of the college is not wearing green, because those people in that percentage either don’t know what’s St. Patrick’s Day, hate green, don’t know WTF today is, who’s Patrick, etcetera. El Centro, it’s all ghetto, I am sorry.
So, I hope you are all enjoying your St. Patrick’s Day. I have an appointment with my archenemy who has a birthday today after math class. Her name is Patsy and she was born today. She is not wearing green today so she is my main target when I see her. *insert evil laugh* I heart St. Patrick’s Day! :D

No comments: